Reindustrialisation Funding Scheme (RFS)
Subsidise manufacturers to set up new smart production lines in Hong Kong:
- Entire or a significant portion of the production line under application should fulfil the "smart manufacturing" criteria.
- Funding will be provided on a 1 (government) : 2 (company) matching basis.
- Maximum funding support: one-third of the total approved project cost or $15 million per project, whichever is lower.
- Funding scope: expenses directly related to the establishment of the new production line in Hong Kong.
- Project duration: normally within 24 months.
Research and Development Cash Rebate Scheme (CRS)
Encourage more research and development (R&D) investment in the private sector and encourage companies to establish stronger partnership with local public research institutes:
- 40% cash rebate of the companies' eligible expenditure contributed to ITF projects and Partnership projects as undertaken by designated local public research institutes
- Two types of applied R&D projects:
- R&D projects funded by the Innovation and Technology Fund (ITF) ("ITF projects"); and
- R&D projects funded entirely by companies and conducted in partnership with designated local public research institutes ("Partnership projects").
For Partnership projects, the following types of work or activities will not be eligible for cash rebate under the Scheme:
- product enhancement/customisation and related work, conventional operation or/and business activities without scientific research content, such as product design and general system automation;
- companies' in-house R&D work; and
- research projects outside the science and technology fields such as market researches and management studies.
Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme (RTTP)
Subsidise local enterprises on a 2(Government):1(enterprise) matching basis to train their staff in advanced technologies, especially those related to “Industry 4.0”:
- Maximum Funding Support: $500,000 for each enterprise in each financial year.
- Mode of funding: Reimbursement with an option for 50% partial advance payment of training grant.
- Both local and non-local training courses are supported by the RTTP.
- Supports two types of training courses: Public courses are open to the public for enrolment and applications for course registration should be submitted by course providers. Tailor-made courses are designed for a particular enterprise (or enterprises) and the course proposals should be submitted by the enterprise concerned as part of the training grant application.
Technology Voucher Programme (TVP)
Support local enterprises/organisations in using technological services and solutions to improve productivity, or upgrade or transform their business processes:
- Provide funding for projects on a 3 (Government):1 (enterprise/organisation) matching basis.
- Cumulative funding ceiling per enterprise/organisation: HK$600,000.
- Up to 6 projects per enterprise/organisation.